1/4 c peanut oil (or other non-olive oil)
1/2 c toasted peanuts (either buy the very plain toasted ones or toast them in a little oil in a pan)
1 jalapeno, de-seeded and chopped
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
1/4 inch of ginger, skinned and chopped
5 T soy sauce
2 T water
2 T Sri Racha (as Asian hot sauce that is pretty widely available)
1 T sugar
2 t sesame oil
1 pound ground pork or chicken
2 c chicken stock
1 c slivered carrots
3 baby Bok Choys, or about 2 cups shredded cabbage
Noodles to serves 4 - I used Udon that I found in my grocery store, but you could use other Asian noodles or even fettucine
- Put all of the sauce ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Saute the pork in a pan large enough to have the noodles and sauce added later.
- When the pork is done, add the Bok Choy and saute for a couple of minutes, just until the Bok Choy is wilted.
- Add the carrots and stock and heat through.
- Add the cooked noodles (if you're using Udon noodles, don't cook them on the side first, just add them to the sauce and simmer for about a minute). Done.